Sunday 13 December 2009

Evaluation For Group Radio Show

Group Radio Show Evaluation

For our assignment we had to get into groups and create a 30mintue show, it could be at any time of the day but had to be for SNC Live (the college's own radio station) so it had to be aimed at students. In our group we decided to do an afternoon show, which was called Hammy and The Derp, these were the nicknames of the main two presenters and so we incorporated all members of our group in a main presenting role we had a special guest presenter for one day only "Crazy Dave".

Overall I think we worked well as a group as we all did our part and we assigned each other with roles within the group such as script writer and the jingle maker, my main role was creating the scripts and the running orders and finding all the songs that we needed for our show. Another thing that worked well is that we all got on as a group, and as most of our show was only loosely scripted we were able to create a bit of banter between each other if we got stuck for something to say or needed to fill up a bit of extra time which in the end was needed as we needed to fill an extra mintue up at the end so we achieved our 30minute target.

So we reached out to our target audience of students, we thought we would have a section in the show where we talked about television, and we tried to pick out the most popular shows with students such as family guy and xfactor. We also tried to pick songs that were fairly popular or were in the type of music genre that most students listen to. Also when we did our news section we tried to pick things that would intrest students or things that were topical and that we may be able to make a joke of such as im a celebrity get me out of here.

If we were to do our show again I would make sure we knew the levels of things a bit more, as I thought at times the levels were very up and down also our voices were sometimes a bit like that. I would also change the way we said umm quite a lot, we only said this when we were on the loosely scripted stuff, so if i did it again I think that I would script it a bit more or I would make sure we knew more about it as at times if we are saying umm all the time it can sound quite unproffesional other than that I thought it sounded like I would expect to hear on a normal radio station such as Heart Fm.

Overall I was very happy with how the whole show went and I thought that it sounded quite proffesional and after listening to it again it is something that I would certainly want to listen to as it was always entertaining and at times it was fairly humerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment